The information you are seeking may likely already be accessible on this website and may not require you to submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. Please navigate this website using the tools on the homepage.
If you would like to submit a FOIA request, please carefully read the information below. Illinois law requires public bodies to comply with or deny a FOIA request within five business days, unless the time for response is extended for an additional five business days, as allowed under the law. A request for records to be used for a commercial purpose requires a public body to respond within 21 business days.
Methods to Request Information and Public Records
Please complete the Online FOIA Request Form, print and mail, fax, email or hand-deliver directly to the Village.
Please be specific in the nature of your request in order for FOIA Officers to process your request efficiently. (Illinois law does not require you to submit on the FOIA Request Form, but the request should be in writing). *Electronic records can be requested and will be provided, as allowed under the law.
FOIA Officer: Jean Attermeier
Phone: 815-6482353 / Fax: 815-648-4385
Mail: Village of Hebron, P.O. Box 372, Hebron, IL 60034
The water and sewer rates are as followed: Water base=$48.71 water usage=$0.91 per 100 cubic ft. | Sewer Base=$89.35 Sewer Usage=$6.43 per 100 cubic ft. The village has been changing out water meters and going to auto reads which means you will have a current read and no more estimates. Estimated readings can create higher bills when readings have been estimated too low. Please help us get your new meter installed so you will not have estimated readings moving forward by calling the water department at 815-403-7594. Beginning in August of 2017 the Village Of Hebron will be going to monthly billing. We are doing this in hopes to make it a little easier on our residents. Public Works asks that residents do not dispose of grease down the sewers or drains
Late Fees: There is a drop box outside the front door. You can drop payments any time of day or night.
Our Village ordinance requires that a building permit be obtained for all changes or alteration made to a structure or property, new or existing, in the Village. For details on Village building requirements, see the the "Code of Ordinances" section. Please follow these procedures to obtain a building permit:
1. Obtain a Permit Application - these are available at the Village Office.
2. Complete the Permit Application
3. Call the Village Building Inspector to set up an appointment. (Please note that he has full time employment and cannot always be reached immediately). Leave a message with your name, address, phone number and the type of improvement you are interested in. He will call you back with his availability to assess the work to be done. Please have the form filled out BEFORE Inspector arrives. Inspector will complete the form and leave you with a completed copy. Inspector will give you an approximate day that the permit will be ready for payment and pick-up at the Village office.
4. Pay for and pick up the official permit at the Village office - the amount of the permit will depend on the work being done. We accept cash, checks at time of permit pick up.
5. Display official permit in a window or door visible to the street for the duration of the project applied for.